St Stephen Walbrook is the church building by Sir Christopher Wren in the city of London. The building now actually built to replace the The 15th century building, destroyed in the Great Fire of London of 1666. This small church, located in Walbrook, next to the Mansion House, and near to Bank and Monument Underground stations, was built in 1672-1680 by Sir Christopher Wren. Actually the dome is based on original design for St Paul’s.
The 63 feet dome is centred over a square of twelve columns. The circular base of the dome is not carried, in the conventional way, by pendentives formed above the arches of the square, but on a circle formed by eight arches that spring from eight of the twelve columns, cutting across each corner in the manner of the Byzantine squinch.