Piazza del Campidoglio is a courtyard designed by Michelangelo Buonarroti and inspired by pre-existent buildings on 1560. The Piazza del Campidoglio located on top of the Capitol Hill in Rome with three main buildings around it.
The building is Palazzo dei Conservatori in the right side built by Guidetto Guidetti and Giacomo Dalla Porta. On the left side is Palazzo Nuovo built by the Rinaldi brothers. And the last building in front of Piazza del Campidoglio is Palazzo Senatorio built by Giacomo dalla Porta and Girolamo Rinaldi. All the three buildings following original design by Michelangelo.
The design of Piazza del Campidoglio is like lotus flower with equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius in the centre of the design. The design is one of the most significant contributions ever made in the history of urban planning. Now, the statue on the centre just a replica, and the original one is on Capitoline Museums.
Design of Exterior