This is a house renovation by Peter Gluck and Partners Architects, located in Armonk, New York. The original house is Ladislav Rado’s famous modern house built in 1956-57. The original house reflects the simplicity and directness of the relationship to the outside and to the landscape. They add a half-round stair tower and bedroom on original cantilever over the ravine. This bedroom created by restoring the second floor cantilever and wrapping the whole upper box with a new hi-tech wood cladding. For the wall they use double insulated glass to give maximize the great views of woods from the master bedroom suite.
Photographs: Magda Biernat
Design of House