The Madison Unitarian Meeting House in Madison, Wisconsin, designed in 1946 by Frank Lloyd Wright and built by Marshall Erdman. The construction begin in 1949 and finished in 1951. The building is used as church and also as First Unitarian Society of Madison (a Unitarian Universalist congregation in Shorewood Hills) Meeting House. In 1973, the building registered on the National Register of Historic Places and then it was officially declared as a National Historic Landmark by the National Park Service in 2004.
The building using stone masonry and wood frame as the construction, and for the roof it using copper roof. It has triangular planning grid in the front of the building, inclined ridge of main gable which creates spiritual uplift and also the great setting for the sculptural great window.
“The structure is unitarian in character, trusting to a sense of the altogether as more beautiful than the aggregation of the steeple, meeting house and parsonage could ever be. In this design, the social activities of the members of the congregation are served by the Church Auditorium itself. It is the mass of the structure that is depended upon to give the impression of aspiration usually left to the steeple.” – Frank Lloyd Wright in The Architectural Forum, January, 1948, Vol 88 Number 1.